APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES:
- Please submit your application through the following link: https://bit.ly/3cZh85w
- Only applications submitted through this link will be considered.
- Application deadline: 1 July at 00:00 EEST (midnight)
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Program Manager will ensure efficient program planning and will assist in identifying interventions which can contribute to the objectives and sustainability of ACHR. S/he oversees the planning, implementation and tracking of specific programs’ activities which have a beginning, an end, and specified deliverables. S/he will be responsible for the overall management of the project, including the mobilization of all inputs and the supervision of programs staff. S/he is actively involved in the development and implementation of the project and responsible for program implementation by using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures, as well as by monitoring results achieved during implementation.
Duration of Employment:
Six months with possible prolongation.
Remote work with possibility of travel.
This position will be on a part-time basis for the first two months and may become a full-time position after that period.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Manage and coordinate projects activities, from substantive, administrative and financial points of view, applying strategic planning and systematic coordination of project activities.
- Manage day-to-day projects implementation and overall coordination of outcomes and ensure coordination among staff members.
- Provide direction and leadership in advocating project objectives and in ensuring that all interested parties are well informed about the project activities and goals.
- Use performance management to ensure high quality output and performance of staffs;
- Provide strong leadership, encourage, support, coach and mentor the project team, ensuring capacity is built and appropriate results are attained.
- Participate in transparent and competitive selection, recruitment, supervision and mentoring of respective staff. Ensure efficient HR management, conduct regular performance appraisal exercises for Project staff.
Executive Coordination and Reporting
- Develop new templates and setup tools to execute the Program;
- Prepare terms of reference describing the roles, responsibilities and organization of the team involved, the policies and procedures in place to assure the provision of quality services and deliverables, the name of the team member(s) authorized to approve deliverables and evaluation criteria;
- Ensure the quality of outputs and results with optimal monitoring mechanisms; establish effective coordination, monitoring, information sharing and reporting systems.
- Prepare, or as appropriate supervise the preparation of, annual work plans and budgets and present to the Executive Director for approval.
- Manage to receive monthly internal progress reports from all staff members and organize them to be submitted to the Executive Director on monthly basis.
Partnerships and Representation
- Monitoring partnerships, drafting proposal for upcoming projects, and updating activities plan in accordance with donors’ contracts;
- Channel all urgent referrals received from M&D unit to relevant local partners for field intervention;
- Acts as primary focal point for donor relations for the programmatic aspects;
- Represent ACHR, as required, before other UN organizations, donor organizations, other international organizations, as well as national Government and non-governmental institutions and endeavor to build professional relationships with local, district and regional authorities in order to ensure the full the identification, planning and execution of ACHR activities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably an advanced degree in International Development studies, Political Sciences, economics, law, or related studies; the degree may not be required if applicant has demonstrated that he/she has extensive experience in NGO management.
- Demonstrated depth of experience and effectiveness preferably in an NGO context in working with community/grassroots people and organizations.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
Essential Soft Skills:
- Managerial experience in the field of development cooperation including in grant management.
- Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written proposals and results-focussed reports.
- Proven experience working with Government, civil society, international organizations, and donors.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Comfort with using email/Zoom/MS Teams and instant messaging as a primary means of communication.
- The possibility of working outside office hours. (important)
- The possibility of frequent travel.
- The possibility of working under pressure. (important)
- Proficiency in managing ACHR action progress;
- Effective internal coordination among ACHR units to ensure support to the assigned program;
- Proficiency in drafting content in both Arabic and English;
- Timely and high-quality end-to-end program delivery;
- Timely internal and donor reporting;
- Periodic reports that are submitted to the Executive Director.