APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES:
- Please submit your application through the following link: https://bit.ly/3fhUpTh
- Only applications submitted through this link will be considered.
- Application deadline: 16 August 2021 at 00:00 AM EEST (midnight)
Access Center for Human Rights (ACHR) is a non-profit and non-governmental human rights organization based in Beirut and Paris, founded in 2017 in Lebanon, and re-established in France in 2020, and includes a group of activists with experience in law, as well as local and international advocacy.
ACHR launched its activities in Lebanon, due to its belief in supporting refugee rights, at a time of a rise in serious violations against them. ACHR is specialized in observing the human rights refugee situation and publishes periodic publications on mass violations with the aim of raising awareness and international advocacy to ensure the right to human dignity in the countries of asylum until their voluntary, dignified, and safe return to their country of origin.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Project Coordinator would be recruited to work for different units, among which are the Monitoring and Documentation Unit and Advocacy and Media unit.
The Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with the Program Manager to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes, and budgets for projects. S/he will perform various coordinating tasks, including schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties such as maintaining project documentation and actively being involved in the development and implementation of the project.
S/he will directly report to ACHR’s Program Manager and working under the overall supervision of the Executive Director.
Contract Period: until the end of December 2021, with possibility of one year extension.
Contract Type: full time contract, with 1-month probation review period.
Location: Remote work with possibility of travel.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work of this position includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Monitor the implementation and progress of projects according to approved objectives, plan of action and budget, and record progress; prepare a schedule for completion of the project in a systemic manner; ensure adherence to deadlines;
- Keep track of all stages of projects by documenting and recording outcomes; identify challenges and suggest changes when needed;
- Follow up on the implementation of all project activities with staff members;
- Organize activities relevant to the project such as virtual events, panel discussions, and workshops;
- With the support of ACHR administrative staff, follow up on the administrative procedures regarding the project, including expense reports; keep record of all project documents (hard and soft copies)
- Prepare progress reports on the proceedings of the project in adherence with donor requirements when necessary
- Collecting data and conducting monitoring and evaluation activities per ACHR policies with participation of ACHR staff where relevant;
- Undertake desk review and/or interview with various stakeholders to get firsthand practical experiences;
- Prepare and draft data, papers and reports on violations cases;
- Conduct analysis of information in ACHR database; and Any other tasks deemed necessary to achieve the project objectives according to the request of ACHR.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, International Development studies, Political Sciences, economics, law, or related studies; the degree may not be required if applicant has demonstrated that he/she has extensive experience in research and coordination.
- Demonstrated depth of experience and effectiveness preferably in a research context in working with community/grassroots people and organizations.
- Fluency in English and in Arabic is essential.
- Experience in report writing, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Strong ability to communicate in English and Arabic.
- Proven ability to collaborate well and to deliver work in a timely manner.
- Proven skills in coordination and leadership.
- Excellent research writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational and programmatic skills.
- Able to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Remote management skills.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Comfort with using email/Zoom/ MS Teams and instant messaging as a primary means of communication.
- The possibility of working outside office hours. (important)
- The possibility of frequent travel outside Lebanon.
- The possibility of working under pressure. (important)
- Proficiency in coordinating M&D and A&M units’ progress.
- Proficiency in drafting content in both Arabic and English.
- The ability to develop and adhere to an action plan.
- Periodic reports that are submitted to the supervising manager.