How to Apply:
Interested Applicants should submit their CV, cover letter, and contact details for two references. Within the cover letter, which should not exceed one page in length, candidates are required to succinctly delineate the alignment of their professional profile with the specified job prerequisites. The selection process will be in progress and may conclude upon identification of a suitable candidate. Communication will be exclusively extended to shortlisted applicants. Applications deemed incomplete will regrettably not be taken into consideration.
No phone calls or email please.
All applications are to be formally submitted through the designated link: https://bit.ly/48dBNN8 (Please note that only applications submitted through this link will be entertained).
Position Duration: Six months (full-time) with the potential for annual extension, inclusive of a one-month probationary period on a full-time basis.
Application deadline: 07 January 2024 at 19:00 PM Beirut time
The Access Center for Human Rights (ACHR) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization dedicated to human rights, with offices in Beirut and Paris. Established in 2017 in Lebanon and subsequently re-established in France in 2020, the organization specializes in monitoring the human rights situation of refugees. ACHR releases periodic publications documenting mass violations, with the primary objective of raising awareness and engaging in international advocacy to safeguard the right to human dignity for individuals in countries of asylum. The ultimate goal is to facilitate their voluntary, dignified, and secure return to their country of origin.
About the Position:
The primary duty of the coordinator is to oversee the comprehensive planning and execution of organizational missions and stakeholders’ engagements at ACHR, as a crucial member at ACHR the coordinator will play an important role in strategic planning and coordinating various mission related activities to ensure alignment with ACHR goals.
Working closely with team members and reporting directly to the executive director, the coordinator will be responsible for organizing and managing the logistical aspects of stakeholder meetings, travel arrangements, and mission-related initiatives. Collaborating with ACHR’s dedicated staff, the Mission Coordinator will contribute to the success of the organization’s missions, emphasizing a strategic approach to achieve impactful outcomes.
𝐃𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬:
- Coordinate meetings with donors, stakeholders, and partners, developing talking points for review by the appropriate supervisor.
- Manage a comprehensive meetings calendar, handling travel logistics, creating agendas, and drafting resumes for key details.
- Send necessary documents to partners, ensure clear communication, and gather required information.
- Maintain strong relationships with partners, actively participating in joint reports, follow-up meetings, and coordinating with the grants department for funding alignment.
- Support media campaigns, reviewing and contributing to joint releases with stakeholders. Collaborate with internal departments for seamless coordination, review invitations, and prepare mission letters and proposals, demonstrating effective internal communication skills.
- Collaborate with the grants department to ensure activities and campaigns are aligned with funding requirements.
- Initiate action plans and participate in drafting reports issued by ACHR, collaborating with different departments according to needs and overseeing the alignment with action plan articles and dates.
Desirable and Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in media studies or international affairs.
- 4 years of experience in a similar coordination or relationship management role.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Familiarity with human rights issues and international organizations is a plus.
- Skilled in remote management.
- Comfortable using and MS Teams as the primary communication tool.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (Professional writing is required)
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
The ACHR offices are based in Beirut and Paris ACHR adopts a remote work policy. However, for this position the coordinator must consider either relocating to Paris or Beirut Offices.