Access Center for Human Rights (ACHR) works towards guaranteeing the right to human dignity for refugees and arbitrarily detained in several countries, starting in Lebanon. ACHR also aspires to expand its work to refugees in other countries. building on the principle of personal security, dignified living and shelter, and the freedom of mobility.
It also prioritizes the promotion of equity in a dignified work and the freedom of thought and expression, through providing legal support and representation to defend refugees’ causes. Monitoring and documenting violations, as well as mobilizing local and international public opinion around those violations. refer these violations legally to international legal entities to build a culture of protection and value towards the rights of refugees and guarantee their freedom in pursuing their needs.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Research Intern will be responsible to assist in carrying out comprehensive research and contribute to the overall production of written content using ACHR research methodologies and its database analysis. Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Programs Manager, the research intern will be carrying out her/his duties in accordance with the ACHR mandate and technically coordinating with the field team.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work of this position includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Conduct desk research on the relevant matters of the studies, academic research, historical research, and other relevant materials;
- Undertake desk review on relevant matters regarding Syrian refugees in media, governmental and non-governmental outputs;
- Perform analysis of information in the database;
- Contribute to Research and advocacy products, such as research reports or papers, press statements, and policy papers;
- Contribute to Social Media content writing;
- Assisting in other project implementation-related tasks.
- Currently undertaking their bachelor’s degree in law, Human Sciences, or related fields.
- Knowledge of the refugee situation in the Middle East is a plus;
- Able to work in a systematic and accurate way while positively handling sometimes tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic;
- Strong organizational and programmatic skills.
- Able to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Remote management skills.
How to apply
Please submit your application through the following link: https://bit.ly/3Y2mymA, (Only applications submitted through this link will be considered).
Applications should have an attached CV, cover letter, contact details of 2 references.
In the cover letter (of no more than one page in length) the candidate should briefly explain how their profile corresponds to the job requirements.
Note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls or email please.
Application deadline: 10 August 2023 at 00:00 AM EEST (midnight)