The Access Center for Human Rights (ACHR) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization dedicated to human rights, with offices in Beirut and Paris. Established in 2017 in Lebanon and subsequently re-established in France in 2020, the organization specializes in monitoring the human rights situation of refugees. ACHR releases periodic publications documenting mass violations, with the primary objective of raising awareness and engaging in international advocacy to safeguard the right to human dignity for individuals in countries of asylum. The ultimate goal is to facilitate their voluntary, dignified, and secure return to their country of origin.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct desk research on the relevant matters of the studies, academic research, historical research, and other relevant materials;
- Undertake desk review on relevant matters regarding Syrian refugees in media, governmental and non-governmental outputs;
- Perform analysis of information in the database;
- Contribute to Research and advocacy products, such as research reports or papers, press statements, and policy papers;
- Contribute to Social Media content writing;
- Assisting in other project implementation-related tasks.
Desirable and Qualification Requirements:
- Currently undertaking their bachelor’s degree in law, Human Sciences, or related fields.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Familiarity with human rights issues and international organizations is a plus.
- Skilled in remote management.
- Comfortable using and MS Teams as the primary communication tool.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (Professional writing is required)
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
The position is not paid.
ACHR bears all expenses, such as communications, transportation, travel, residence and field tasks “if any”.
How to apply
Interested Applicants should submit their CV, cover letter, and contact details for two references. Within the cover letter, which should not exceed one page in length, candidates are required to succinctly delineate the alignment of their professional profile with the specified job prerequisites. The selection process will be in progress and may conclude upon identification of a suitable candidate. Communication will be exclusively extended to shortlisted applicants. Applications deemed incomplete will regrettably not be taken into consideration.
No phone calls or email please.
All applications are to be formally submitted through the designated link: HERE
(Please note that only applications submitted through this link will be entertained).
Position Duration: Six months (Part-time) with the potential for annual extension, inclusive of a one-month probationary period on a full-time basis.
Application deadline: 23 January 2024 at 19:00 PM Beirut time