Access Center for Human Rights (ACHR) works towards guaranteeing the right to human dignity for refugees and arbitrarily detained in several countries, starting in Lebanon. ACHR also aspires to expand its work to refugees in other countries. building on the principle of personal security, dignified living and shelter, and the freedom of mobility.
It also prioritizes the promotion of equity in a dignified work and the freedom of thought and expression, through providing legal support and representation to defend refugees’ causes. Monitoring and documenting violations, as well as mobilizing local and international public opinion around those violations. refer these violations legally to international legal entities to build a culture of protection and value towards the rights of refugees and guarantee their freedom in pursuing their needs.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Researcher will be responsible to carry out comprehensive research and contribute to the overall production of written content using ACHR research methodologies and its database analysis. Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and the overall supervision of the Programs Manager, the researcher will be carrying out her/his duties in accordance with ACHR mandate and technically coordinating with the field team.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work of this position includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Conduct desk reviews and stakeholder interviews to gather practical experience and insights.
- Conduct thorough desk research on relevant topics, academic research, historical research, and other relevant materials.
- Manage the violations database of ACHR, analyze its data, and extract the necessary information for publication use.
- Hold regular meetings with team members to share updates on violations and ongoing issues.
- Assist in planning and implementing conferences, meetings, and seminars.
- Prepare research, reports, and case studies on human rights violations.
- Prepare press releases and statements related to ongoing research and human rights issues.
- Develop methodologies and policies for research work and ensure accuracy and adherence to ethical standards.
- Maintain contact with victims, their families, attorneys, or other relevant sources to provide updates on case developments, and to ensure confidentiality and integrity.
- Support the team in monitoring the implementation of assigned workflows and tasks.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Human Sciences, or related fields.
- Proven successful experience (minimum 5 years) of research.
- Knowledge of the refugee situation in the Middle East; Europe is a plus.
- Able to work in a systematic and accurate way while positively handling sometimes tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic; French is a plus.
- Strong organizational and programmatic skills.
- Able to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Remote management skills.
How to apply
Please submit your application through the following link: https://bit.ly/3rCGQ9O
(Only applications submitted through this link will be considered).
Applications should have an attached CV and Cover Letter in PDF, contact details of 2 references.
In the cover letter (of no more than one page in length) the candidate should briefly explain how their profile corresponds to the job requirements.
Note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls or email please.
Application deadline: 20 August 2023 at 00:00 AM EEST (midnight)