The priority is given to female applicants.
Access Center for Human Rights (ACHR) works towards guaranteeing the right to human dignity for refugees and the arbitrarily detainees in several countries, starting in Lebanon. ACHR also aspires to expand their work to refugees in other countries. building on the principle of personal security, dignified living and shelter, and the freedom of mobility.
It also prioritizes the promotion of equity in a dignified work and the freedom of thought and expression, through providing legal support and representation to defend refugees causes.
Monitoring and documenting violations, as well as mobilizing local and international public opinion around those violations. refer these violations legally to the international legal entities to build a culture of protection and value towards the rights of refugees and guarantee their freedom in pursuing their needs.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Job title: Field Officer (Full Time)
- Position Reports to: Field Coordinator
- Duration of Employment: One year with possible extension
- Probation Period: Two months
- Expected start date: November 2022
- Location: Remote work, preference for individuals based in Lebanon
The Field Officer will be responsible to carry out interviews and receive reports on violations directly from ACHR identifies beneficiaries. Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator of M&D unit and the overall supervision of the Project Coordinator, the field worker will be carrying out her/his duties in accordance with ACHR mandate and technically coordinating with the rest of the team members to refer reported cases.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work of this position includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Conduct interviews with women Syrian refugees’ victims of GBV and LGBTQIA+ for documentation purposes;
- Conduct or supervise the field officer on interviews with the Syrian refugees’ victims of violations for documentation purposes,
- Monitor the general situation of refugees across various main areas in Lebanon and on the media outlets;
- Share media outlets relevant news and press articles with the ACHR team, and ensure their proper archiving.
- Contribute to the preparation of interviews with victims for research and reporting purposes;
- Support the team in field tasks;
- Commitment to regular meetings, weekly updates, and monthly reports.
The deliverables of the scope of work mentioned above include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- Updates information about refugees’ situations.
- Update the field coordinator on all progress and handle any tasks delegated by the field Coordinator
- Referrals of urgent cases for legal intervention
- Follow-up on cases documented
- Constant verification of reports and complaints received
- Presenting a weekly report on the most prominent news related to the refugee situation in the media.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, International Development Studies, Political Sciences, economics, law or related studies; the degree may not be required if the applicant has demonstrated that he/she has extensive experience in research and coordination.
- Demonstrated depth of experience and effectiveness preferably in an NGO context in working with community/grassroots people and organizations.
- Fluency in English and in Arabic is essential.
- Proof of experience and knowledge in the field of monitoring and documenting violations
- Wide network of contacts across the refugee community
- Strong organizational and programmatic skills
- Able to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team
- Remote management skills.
- Coordination skills, problem-solving, and flexibility in dealing with the team “very important”.”.
- Experience working with victims of physical abuse including sexual abuse and harassment
How to apply
Please submit your application here: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/9874299175884e54a581e5c4f4538892
Only full applications that include a resume, a cover letter and are submitted through the link above will be considered. – Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.