APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
- Please submit your application through the following link: https://bit.ly/3JRqw9l
- Only full applications that include a resume, a cover letter and are submitted through this link will be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applicants must be based in Istanbul – Turkey, Otherwise, the application will not be considered.
Access Center for Human Rights (ACHR) works towards guaranteeing the right to human dignity for refugees and the arbitrarily detainees in several countries, starting in Lebanon. ACHR also aspires to expand their work to refugees in other countries. building on the principle of personal security, dignified living and shelter, and the freedom of mobility.
It also prioritizes the promotion of equity in a dignified work and the freedom of thought and expression, through providing legal support and representation to defend refugees causes. Monitoring and documenting violations, as well as mobilizing local and international public opinion around those violations. refer these violations legally to the international legal entities to build a culture of protection and value towards the rights of refugees and guarantee their freedom in pursuing their needs.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The post holder is based at the Country Office and reports to the Financial Controller.
This contract will be consultancy based, and the contracted individual is responsible for paying the taxes in their country of residence.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work of this position includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Review all financial commitments and payments requests to ensure compliance with Plan Policies and procedures.
- Process all financial transactions under the supervision of the Financial Controller to enable accurate financial reporting and monitoring.
- Prepare reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis to ensure exceptions are identified and dealt promptly.
- Prepare financial management reports on a monthly basis and provide information to the management for decision making.
- Perform physical verification of Assets at least once per year to ensure that all assets are accurately recorded.
- Maintain and manage achieving of financial documents to safe guard financial records and audit trails.
- Prepare monthly payroll and all the related statutory returns; compute staff separation benefits and ensure the comply the internal policies, and Employment Law and Tax Laws.
The deliverables of the scope of work mentioned above include but are not limited to, the following items:
- Monthly report to the financial controller.
- Report on budget transfer and allocation.
- Smooth coordination with other staff.
- Transparent documentation of accounts submitted for auditing when required.
- Bachelor’s degree, Finance or related fields; the degree may not be required if applicant has demonstrated that he/she has extensive experience in financial management.
- Fluency in Arabic and English
2. Soft skills:
- Experience with donor-funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis.
- Strong organizational and programmatic skills.
- Able to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Remote management skills.
- Coordination skills, problem-solving, and flexibility in dealing with the team.
3. Technical skills:
Comfort with using email/Zoom/ MS Teams and instant messaging as a primary means of communication is a must.
Experience in using software for budget documentation and financial management is essential.
Experience in using QuickBooks is a must.
The working hours will be 20 hours per week.
The salary ranges between 600 and 800 EUR, depending on experience.
The possibility of working outside office hours “important”.
The possibility of frequent travel inside Lebanon.
The possibility of working under pressure. “important”.
- The ability to develop and adhere to an action plan.
- Periodic reports that are submitted to the supervising manager.
- Regular evaluation submitted by the Financial Controller.