REQUIRES A COVER LETTER? yes
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
• Please send the application (CV and Cover Letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled: “Accountant/Applicant Name”.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT SPECIFY THE POSITION IN THE SUBJECT TITLE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• Please add contact information (name, email, and phone number) of two referees.
• Application deadline is 23 May inclusive.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work of this position includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Review all financial commitments and payment requests to ensure compliance with Plan Policies and procedures.
- Process all financial transactions under the supervision of the Financial Controller to enable accurate financial reporting and monitoring.
- Prepare reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis to ensure exceptions are identified and dealt with promptly.
- Prepare financial management reports on a monthly basis and provide information to the management for decision-making.
- Perform physical verification of Assets at least once per year to ensure that all assets are accurately recorded.
- Maintain and manage to achieve financial documents to safeguard financial records and audit trails.
- Prepare monthly payroll and all the related statutory returns; compute staff separation benefits and ensure compliance with internal policies, and Employment Law and Tax Laws.
The deliverables of the scope of work mentioned above include but are not limited to, the following items:
- Monthly report to the financial controller.
- Report on budget transfer and allocation.
- Smooth coordination with other staff.
- Transparent documentation of accounts submitted for auditing when required.
Bachelor’s degree, Finance, or related fields; the degree may not be required if the applicant has demonstrated that he/she has extensive experience in accounting management.
2. Soft skills: (essential)
- Experience with donor-funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis.
- Strong organizational and programmatic skills.
- Able to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Remote management skills.
- Coordination skills, problem-solving, and flexibility in dealing with the team.
3. Technical skills: (essential)
- Comfort with using email/Zoom/ MS Teams and instant messaging as a primary means of communication is a must.
- Experience in using software for budget documentation and financial management.
4. Languages (essential): Excellent in Arabic and English.
Contract type: Part-time.
The possibility of working outside office hours “important”.
- The possibility of frequent travel inside Lebanon.
- The possibility of working under pressure “important”.
- The ability to develop and adhere to an action plan.
- Periodic reports that are submitted to the supervising manager.
- Regular evaluation submitted by the Financial Controller.