APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
• Please send CVs and the contact information of two referees by email to email@example.com entitled: “Junior Advocacy Consultant/Applicant Name”.
(The reception of applications has been extended until May 18)• Application deadline: 16 May 2021
Only completed applications will be considered and contacted.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Junior Advocacy Consultant will provide overall assistance in strategic communication and direct support and contribution to an advocacy campaign. She/He will be responsible to establish and manage an effective and wide-ranging program of advocacy, communication and information sharing for the achievement of the Campaign’s objectives. She/he will be responsible to organize the activities of the Campaign and will directly report to the Advocacy Consultant, working under her/his overall supervision; in addition to technically working very closely with staff on technical/program-specific advocacy and communications initiatives.
Duration of Employment: two months.
Location: Remote work with possibility of travel.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The scope of work of this position includes assisting the Advocacy Consultant in the following activities:
- Develop and implement advocacy campaign strategy in coordination with ACHR staff and Campaign partners.
- Promote dialogue concerning refugee policies, concentrating on the current and foreseen conditions of Syrian refugees in Lebanon and contributing to the preparation of policy documents and reports.
- Actively contribute and provide ad-hoc support and advice to the Campaign partners concerning policy and advocacy actions.
- Coordination, cooperation and communication with Campaign partners and stakeholders.
- Enable and facilitate the Campaign partners’ participation in the Campaign and the joint policy work.
- Identify international key advocacy targets and develop contacts, in collaboration with Campaign partners.
- Actively participate and represent the Campaign, when needed, in various networks, initiatives and events to share the Campaign partners’ positions, after in-house consultation.
- Organize and support the Campaign in main events, such as seminars, discussion panels, meetings with stakeholders and with partners and other events of interest to the Campaign objectives.
- Coordinate with media outlets which covers our latest activities and releases.
- Mapp the partners’ work on the Campaign, gather and share their best practices and advocacy tools with the Campaign partners.
- Draft press releases, articles, and content marketing for ACHR’s newsletter and website as well as external media/news outlet.
- Assist in creating visual products based on text-based knowledge products and other strategic evidence (i.e., infographic, videos, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1-Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, media studies or related fields; the degree may not be required if applicant has demonstrated that he/she has extensive experience in media and advocacy.
- Demonstrated depth of experience and effectiveness, preferably in an advocacy context, in working with community/grassroots people and organizations.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is essential
- Strong digital and offline marketing skills
- Strong organizational and programmatic skills
- Able to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team
- Remote management skills
- Experience in the field of advocacy
- Coordination skills, problem solving, and flexibility
- Strong skills in organizing and hosting virtual meetings, notably on MS Teams and Zoom.
- Comfort in using MS Teams as primary use of communication.
- The possibility of working outside office hours. “important”
- The possibility of working under pressure. “important”
- The possibility of travel.
- Proficiency in drafting content in both Arabic and English.
- Access to media coverage of urgent statements and campaign outputs.
- The ability to develop and adhere to an action plan.
- Weekly reports submitted to the supervising manager.