APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
• Please send the application (CV and Cover Letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled: “Research Intern/Applicant Name”.
• Please add contact information (name, email, and phone number) of one academic or professional referee’s name.
• Application deadline 31 December
Only complete applications that fully adhered to these guidelines will be considered and contacted.
About the Position:
ACHR seeks to recruit a research intern within the Monitoring and Documentation Unit. The research intern will mainly be assisting in research tasks and database analysis under the direct supervision of M&D Unit on human rights violations against Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work of the internship includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
• Undertake desk review on relevant matters regarding Syrian refugees in media, governmental and non-governmental outputs.
• Prepare research memos on human rights violations against Syrian refugees;
• Perform analysis of information in the database;
• Assisting in other project implementation related tasks.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• A student or recent graduate in law, political science, international relations or other related fields, education may not be required if the applicant has demonstrated interest in the human rights field.
• High proficiency in Arabic (reading, writing and speaking) and good command of the English language.
• Demonstrated interest in human rights issues;
• Knowledge of the legal and social context related to Syrian refugees in Lebanon;
• Good knowledge and understanding of legal terms, Lebanese laws and international conventions;
• Good research, academic writing, and analytical skills;
• Organized, flexible, detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment. “Very Important”
• Comfort with using email/Zoom/MS Teams and instant messaging as a primary means of communication is a must
• Good computer skills, primarily knowledge of Word and Excel.
• Start date is mid-January 2021.
• Three months period.
• Possibility of remote work.