Position Title: Project Coordinator
Contract Period: 12-months full time contract (probation review: 1-month part time contract)
Location: Beirut, Lebanon (with possibility of remote work from home)
Access Center for Human Rights (ACHR) works towards guaranteeing the right to human dignity for refugees and the arbitrarily detainees in several countries, starting in Lebanon. ACHR also aspires to expand their work to refugees in other countries. building on the principle of personal security, dignified living and shelter, and the freedom of mobility.
It also prioritizes the promotion of equity in a dignified work and the freedom of thought and expression, through providing legal support and representation to defend refugees causes. Monitoring and documenting violations, as well as mobilizing local and international public opinion around those violations. refer these violations legally to the international legal entities to build a culture of protection and value towards the rights of refugees and guarantee their freedom in pursuing their needs.
About the Position:
ACHR seeks to recruit Project Coordinator to work, on a fulltime basis for different units, among which are Monitoring and documentation Unit and Advocacy and Media unit.
Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with our Programs Manager to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. S/he will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation.
She or He will directly report to ACHR’s Programs Manager and working under the overall supervision of the Executive Director. S/he is actively involved in the development and implementation of the project.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work of this position includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
• – Monitor the implementation and progress of projects according to approved objectives, plan of action and budget, and record progress; prepare a schedule for completion of the project in a systemic manner; ensure adherence to deadlines;
• – Keep track of all stages of projects by documenting and recording outcomes; identify challenges and suggest changes when needed ;
• – Supervises and follows up on the implementation of all project activities with staff members;
• – Organize activities relevant to the project such as virtual events, panel discussions, and workshops;
• – With the support of ACHR administrative staff, follow up on the administrative procedures regarding the project, including expense reports; keep record of all project documents (hard and soft copies) ;
• – Prepare progress reports on the proceedings of the project in adherence with donor requirements when necessary ;
• – Collecting data and conducting monitoring and evaluation activities per ACHR policies with participation of ACHR staff where relevant;
• – Any other tasks deemed necessary to achieve the project objectives according to the request of ACHR.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• A university degree in social studies or related fields; the degree may not be required if applicant has demonstrated that he/she has extensive experience in media work and advocacy.
• Demonstrated high proficiency in Arabic (reading, writing and speaking) and fluency in English is required;
At least two years of work experience in a similar job position or social/field work in NGOs.
• Proven leadership and management skills;
• Experience in report writing, monitoring and evaluation of projects;
• Strong ability to communicate in English and Arabic;
• Proven ability to collaborate well and to deliver work in a timely manner.
• Proven skills in coordination and leadership
• Strong organizational and programmatic skills;
• Able to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team;
• Remote management skills;
• Coordination skills, problem solving, and flexibility in dealing with the team “very important”.“.
• Comfort with using email/Zoom/ MS Teams and instant messaging as a primary means of communication is a must;
• Good computer skills, including knowledge of Word and Excel.
• The possibility of working outside office hours “important”;
• The possibility of frequent travel outside Lebanon;
• The possibility of working under pressure “important”.
• Proficiency in coordinating M&D and A&M units progress;
• Proficiency in drafting content in both Arabic and English;
• The ability to develop and adhere to an action plan;
• Periodic reports that are submitted to the supervising manager.
• Please send the application to email@example.com entitled: “Project Coordinator/Applicant Name”;
• Attach 1-page cover letter in Arabic or English;
• Please add contact information (name, email and phone number) of two referees;
• Only completed applications will be considered and contacted;
• Application deadline is September 5, 2020. Any application submitted later will not be considered.